We all have different taste in coffee; some liking extra strength espresso and others preferring very weak, milky mixes. Just as important as your choice of coffee, is the way you choose to brew it. Let’s look at 5 ways to brew your gourmet coffee, for best results:
1. ‘Drip’ filter coffee machine; the ever-trusty, found-in-every-home coffee machine which will brew any coffee, but is not necessarily the best way to unlock the richest flavors in your chosen roast: Great for the big mug of coffee first thing in the morning, but not ideal for after-dinner cups.
2. Percolator: very popular in the 70s and 80s, the electric percolator, makes a somewhat stronger cup than most filter coffee machines, but needing a particular grind to the beans, and not very reliable. Slightly better for after-dinner coffee, but not the best, and has now been replaced by new designs and better methods for producing freshly brewed coffee.
3. French press coffee pot; this is probably the best all-rounder, as you can make a pot of medium strength coffee for your breakfast, or use more coffee and less water to produce something closer to espresso for after meals. The main drawback to this system is that it does not keep hot for long, making it great for that just-brewed taste, but not the best if you’re not drinking it at once.French Press
A French press is often referred to as a coffee plunger because of the way it works, and it’s a very simple device that has been around for nearly 100 years now. The French press has a cylindrical beaker made of glass or strong plastic that a lid and plunger are affixed to. It heats up the water and presses it through the coffee grounds to make coffee.
A French press is great because it works fast and is easy to use but many people don’t like the fact that they have to clean it out regularly and it only makes standard drip coffee. Still, a French press makes a fresh tasting cup of coffee you’ll ever taste.
4. Espresso machine; the domestic espresso machine makes a reasonable cup of coffee, very good for cappuccino and the like, and a moderately good espresso, though not the same as you would get from a commercial machine, as the domestic appliance does not have a fraction of the pressure required for a good cup of espresso. That said; you will not get anything closer than this to real espresso.
5. The Phin filter A handy little coffee gadget that is being rediscovered by European and American gourmet coffee drinkers thanks to the rising tourism . Traditionally used in the coffee houses all over Vietnam this device allows you to brew a perfect cup of coffee any time of day. The “secret” is in the so-called gravity insert that keeps coffee under pressure.
Customizing your coffee
There are countless wonderful ways to enjoy coffee these ways, and even more coffee varieties, flavored with everything from Hazelnut to French Vanilla or just the straight, wonderfully roasted coffee beans. You can improve the experience by customizing your coffee with a wide variety of creams, sugars, and syrups as well. Try experimenting and find your favorite way to brew a cup of coffee.
Are you looking for the perfect contest administration companies so you can run a promotion at your coffee shop? CFA is just the place to call! With years of experience they can make the whole process painless and your customers will love it!